- Fast, accurate results with digital dual level LED readout
- Easy measurement with just 2-3 drops of sample needed and results less than 2 seconds
- Simple one-point calibration using distilled or deionized water
- Easy to clean, stainless steel sample well with unit rated to IP65 as "dust tight" and protected against water jets
- Battery percent level indicator with automatic shut-off (batteries included)
- Ideal for winemakers, brewers, fruit and vegetable growers, maple syrup producers, and food producers
The MA871 is an optical instrument that employs the measurement of refractive index to determine the % Brix of sugar in aqueous solutions. The method is both simple and quick.
Samples are measured after a simple user calibration with deionized or distilled water.
Within seconds the instrument measures the refractive index of the sample and converts it to % Brix concentration units.
The MA871 digital refractometer eliminates the uncertainity associated with mechanical refractometers and is easily portable for measurements in the field.
The measurement technique and temperature compensation employ methodology recommended in the ICUMSA Methods Book (Internationally recognized body for Sugar Analysis).
Temperature (in °C or °F) is displayed simultaneously with the measurement on the large dual level display along with icons for Low Power and other helpful message codes.
Key features include:
- Dual-level LCD
- Easy setup and storage
- Battery operation with Low Power indicator (BEPS)
- Automatically turns off after 3 minutes of non-use.
- MA752 Hard carrying case for digital refractometers